I created this blog not long after being diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 41 in October 2014.

I created it and started writing posts, all as drafts, until I found the courage to reveal by diagnosis and the battles it throws at a person, a family and friends by publishing my first blog post on February 3, 2015. The night before my 10th chemo treatment. From there I have six more and that will be followed by surgery (mastectomy), radiotherapy and then recontstruction.

A year of my life will be 80% determined by how, when and where I deal with this battle. The other 20% is up to me!

I believe knowledge is power and that is why I decided to publish this blog. I learn so much about so many new aspects of this battle every day and if what I have learned can help just one of my friends and family help themselves or someone they love then I’ve achieved what I set out to do.

It will also document my ‘journey’ for me to remember (chemo brain is a real thing like pregnancy brain) and for my kids to look back on once they are old enough to cope with all the details. They know a lot now — and it’s enough.

As for the title of the blog — my daughter had an obsession with pineapples late last year and early this year. Her 10th birthday had a pineapple theme. I unashamedly stole the idea from my gorgeous little girl!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: